Sea safari boat trips from St Ives
One of the most popular things to do whilst in St Ives, Cornwall, is the Sea safari boat trip to Seal Island or Godrevy Island.
Depending on the weather conditions on the day of your trip we will either head West from the harbour in the direction of Lands End where we soon pass St Ives landmarks such as The Island, St Ives Head, Porthmeor Beach and the Tate gallery. Our trip “five points West” is approximately 3.5 miles following the rugged Cornish cliffs and coves onward to Seal Island. Alternatively, just over 3 miles to the East of St Ives is Godrevy Island with its famous lighthouse and its own colony of Grey Seals, a trip that takes us out across the bay through the deeper waters.
Along the way keep a lookout for the local wildlife. Dolphin sightings have become more frequent as both common and bottlenose dolphins pass the bay. A wide array of sea birds are seen and sometimes sharks and even whales are spotted.
- Sea safari trip is suitable for all ages
- The trip is around one hour
- £20 for adults,
- £15 for under 12s
- Babies under 12 months go free. You don’t need to book them in, just bring them along
- Dog friendly boat trip and go free!
- We are the only accredited wildlife safe operator (WISe Scheme) in St Ives Bay.and our crew features a BDMLR marine mammal medic who specialises in the rescue of dolphins, whales and seals.